We thank all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Research and Development (R&D)
Jawa Barat, Indonesia
PT Kalimantan Kelapa Jaya
Jl. Jurusan Pontianak Rt 01 / Rw 01 Dusun I Desa Nusapati
Kec. Sungai Pinyuh, Kab. Mempawah
Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia.
Snapshot of the role:
An experienced self-starter and resilient Quality Manager to manage and oversee Quality Assurance (QA) operations and inspections to ensure systems, processes and programs are developed, implemented and maintained to ensure all products produced conforms to the relevant standards of customer marketplace and regulatory requirements in line with internal and external compliance being fulfilled, for our overseas subsidiary, PT Kalimantan Kelapa Jaya (KKJ) in Pontianak, Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia.
This position reports directly to the President Director in KKJ on overall QA and QC matters as an independent professional Quality Manager. The role requires a close working relationship and full compliance to the corporate strategic decisions from corporate headquarters in Malaysia.
PT Kalimantan Kelapa Jaya principal nature of business is manufacturing of coconut related products. The 20-acre factory built based on BRC certification is certified MUI Halal and mirrors the state-of-the-art facilities of Linaco Manufacturing (M) Sdn Bhd in Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia.
Applicant must be willing to be posted in Pontianak, Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia for at least 2 years.
· Responsible for the whole Quality Department portfolio and set up the Departmental SOP Manual.
· Develop quality and food safety system program standard operating procedures (SOP) to comply with quality and food safety standards in accordance with the approved Indonesia, International and customers standards namely BRC, HACCP and other certifications as required.
· Investigate quality issues including customers compliant and identify root cause and seeking solution.
· Ensure all lab equipment especially microbiology and chemical instruments are properly maintained and utilized.
· Ensure adherence to health and work safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
· Ensure that the Quality Department is organised and staff guided with career development plans to meet and achieve plant and departmental goals.
· Provide Quality training to all relevant departments especially production.
· Continual improvement opportunities or projects related to quality and food safety system and develop new efficient procedures.
· Assist in product research and development.
· Any other ad hoc assignments and portfolios as the President Director deem fit.
· Bachelor Degree in Science Discipline, preferably in Food Science and Technology background or related disciplines.
· At least 5 year(s) of working experience in Quality Assurance department or in the related field is required for this position.
· Has proven experience managing QA/QC operations and leading all related management systems and certifications - Quality, Food Safety, Environmental, Health & Safety, Sustainability, MUI. Those with prior overseas experience and/or currently working and residing in Indonesia has added advantage.
· Ability to effectively handle inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies and third party auditors.
· Proactive, detail minded, result oriented, meticulous and able to work under pressure.
· Strong conceptual & analytical skills including risk-based thinking (problem analysis & problem solving skills).
· Good communication using written and spoken English languages and ability to speak Bahasa Indonesia will be added advantage.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases.